The Budapest Palinka and Sausage Festival is one of the fun events in Budapest in the fall season, when the days are getting cooler but the mood is heightened by the Palinka shots (strong distilled fruit brandy), and the tasty Chorizo like Hungarian sausages. The Hungarian Palinka and Sausage Festival usually takes place in October, unlike the smaller but merry Palinka Festival in May.
The Palinka and Sausage Festival (Budavari Palinka es Kolbaszfesztival) venue is the grounds and courtyards of the scenic hilltop Buda Castle in Budapest.
Palinka & Sausage Festival 2017
October 2 – 4, 2017
Guest of Festival in 2017 not announced yet
Payment at the Festival: special Festival cards (no cash, sorry)
Palinka & Sausage Festival Days
Budapest Palinka and Sausage Festival day programs are typically of a 2-3 day weekend, from Friday afternoon to Sunday evening:
2017: There is no scheduled program yet, please visit the site later for updated information.
Budapest Palinka and Sausage Festival days with concerts at 4pm, 6pm and 8pm
- Friday program from 2 pm to 2 am, usually with concerts in the evening, e.g. 6 pm Bohemian Betyars, 8 pm Kerekes Band
- Saturday program from 12 pm to 2 am, usually with concerts in the evening, e.g. : 4 pm Zombori Band, 6 pm Rom Ungro Boys, 8 pm Gypo Circus Concert
- Sunday program from 12 pm to 10 pm, usually with concerts in the evening, e.g. : 4 pm Galilelo Concert, 6 pm Cimbaliband Band, 8 pm Besh o Drom Concert Party
Palinka and Sausage Festival Tickets
Official prices and dates have not been announced yet for 2017 yet (the prices below are shown for Oct 2016 as indicative prices).
Tickets: HUF 2,000 for 1 day (including the tasting glass), or a festival pass for the 4 days for HUF 5,500 including
- full day entry to the festival (wrist band entitling to multiple entries, come and go as you wish)
- Tasting Glass for your Palinka shots
- free entry to the Buda Castle building of the Budapest History Museum permanent exhibition
- no Budapest Cards are accepted during the festival in the Buda Castle
6 Tips for the Budapest Palinka & Sausage Festival
Get the top 6 tips to make the most out of the Budapest Palinka and Sausage Festival
- Get a pair of comfortable shoes (possibly flat soled), as the grounds of the castle are covered in cobble stones
- The festival can get crowded by late afternoon at weekends: if you want to enjoy the festival in a more airy style, pick the weekdays, and the hours right after the opening hours
- Bring enough cash to the festival, and do not forget that you will need to take out a festival card (deposit is HUF 500 for the festival card). The local currency exchange rate at the festival may not be so optimal as in some city central currency exchange places
- Don’t forget to keep hydrated: get enough water to keep you balanced, as Palinka is strong spirits, and can easily get you dehydrated
- The castle bus will take you very close to the festival location: Bus number 16 from Deak Sq and Clark Adam Sq, or the Varbusz castle bus from Szell Kalman Sq are both cheap and efficient options. Parking by car in the Castle District is a hassle.
- Do join the fun: people from all over Hungary will participate in the Hungarian Palinka and Sausage Festival. As the day is going on, many people start to dance to the live concert music, often in round and round circle dances. Do not be too shy to join the dancing people for a bit of merriment.
Exhibitors at the Budapest Palinka and Sausage Festival
895 Hunnium | ÁRPÁD és VADÁSZ Pálinka
Art Collection – Rézangyal | Békési Pálinkaház | Brill Pálinkaház
Fruktárium Pálinkaház | Gyulai Pálinka Manufaktúra
Harmatrázó Pálinkaház | Márton és Lányai | Matheus Pálinka
Pálinkashop | Panyolai Pálinkák | Rézangyal | Szemtelen Pálinka
Tarpa Manufaktúra | Tokaj-Hegyaljai Likőr- és Pálinkamanufaktúra
Zimek Pálinka Manufaktúra
Borda Húsüzem | Csöppentő | Kincses Kamra
Mangalica és Tsa Húspatika | Sümegi Várkapitány kézműves termékei
Szalámibolt | Szarvas kolbász és libatepertő | XXL Catering
DiVino | Fröccsös
Café Cagliari | Nagykőrösi sajtok | Twist & Chips
Moszkva tér bisztró – See more at: http://palinkaeskolbasz.hu/eng/exhibitors.html#sthash.4Ay29vo0.dpuf